The population in Hong Kong is ageing, and the number of older adults with chronic conditions will continue to grow. The project is the first territory-wide elderly care support project which integrates health management technology, community care and professional support. We aim at promoting preventive healthcare among the older adults and empowering them in health management. Besides, the project aids the transformation of elderly centres into community hubs on healthy ageing and to pioneer digital health solutions through a new developed digital portal.
Uniqueness and Competitive Advantages :
- Tele-care Programme: regular health measurement of blood pressure, blood glucose and weight
- Nursing caring call and regular outreach visits by a multi-disciplinary team (nurses, health workers, social workers)
- Older adult participants – Members can log in to the eHealth station and conduct regular measurement at the elderly centres with smart cards
- Health data is transferred to nursing team by cloud technology for proactive monitoring and follow-up
- Digital health portal and devices to keep track on participants’ blood pressure readings, BMI, physical function and cognitive capability
- Examine possible health risks of the older adults and find out the association between daily health readings and the long term health-status