To address the difficulties in early diagnosis and challenges of quantitative evaluation of neurodegenerative Parkinson’s disease, this project aims to reveal the degeneration mechanism of pathological gait by establishing a kinetic model of human walking lower limbs. An adaptive gait characterization technique for neurodegenerative Parkinson’s disease will be proposed, and the co-featured space of multi-source parameters can be obtained. The project will use myoelectric signals, kinematic and dynamic parameters to form a comprehensive quantitative evaluation index of Parkinson’s disease gait. The final purpose is to develop a wearable health monitoring and intelligent diagnostic system to provide Parkinson’s patients with convenient and accurate daily monitoring and early diagnosis services.
Uniqueness and Competitive Advantages:
- Strong Interdisciplinary: Neuropathology, biomechanics, mechanical engineering and other multidisciplinary medical-industrial crossover research
- Highly specialized: Need to build foot-ground friction and system dynamics, mapping rules, intelligent identification technology, patient and clinical expert data and fault diagnosis method guidance
- Highly Targeted: It can realize the quantitative diagnosis and early warning of neurodegenerative Parkinson’s disease with wearable health monitoring system
- Highly proactive: Development and utilization of a database of pathological gait and significant pathological features
- Lightweight and reliable: The product is small in size and light in weight, with light wearability and wearing reliability, and light burden to the user.