Complex disease refers to diseases without identifiable single major cause. Our team chose a couple of diseases currently known to have strong genetic heritability – such as Alzheimer’s disease and Schizophrenia – and invented a novel statistical method to account for the effects of genome interactions. Using this method, the team successfully developed a screening test that is significantly more accurate in risk-assessment than existing methods, through analyzing human genome data. Paired along with 3rd generation sequencing, we hope to provide quick and reliable services for primary care, genetic-testing companies and insurance industry in a wide-range screening setting.
Uniqueness and Competitive Advantages:
- Better accuracy in risk assessment
- Could incorporate clinical parameters to further increase accuracy
- Tolerant to various format of human genome data sets
- Caters to human genome data of people of Asian ethnicity
- Could be used for other complex disease in the future